Weed Solutions is run by Ben Minehan and his wife Melody Wing. Marlburians through and through, Ben and Melody love this land and are passionate about helping landowners get rid of their weeds.
With 20 years of weed control experience as well as many formal qualifications, Ben is well versed in the field of weed control. When you get Ben on the job, you can be sure you're dealing with the highest levels expertise.
Ben understands the importance of keeping current in the field. His extensive qualifications are listed below:
· Bachelor of Science from Lincoln University (Double major in Applied Biology and Conservation/Ecology)
· 15 years in the Biosecurity Section of the Marlborough District Council
· Registered Chemical Applicator – TVC, Brush, Broadacre and Aquatic since July 2002
· Growsafe Certificate - Ground Crew Endorsed for the Aviation Industry
· Trained part time from November 2011 to March 2014 to become a Growsafe Trainer
· Approved Handler – Use, storage and disposal of agrichemicals and transport of bulk fuel
· Authorised Persons under the Biosecurity Act 1993
· Dangerous Goods License
· Responsible for the registration of Taskforce herbicide in New Zealand for the control of Nassella Tussock, Chilean Needlegrass and Kangaroo Grass
· 20 months as a Loader/Driver for Marlborough Helicopters
· Experienced in all aspects of agrichemical application to control weeds
At Weed Solutions Ltd, we only sell products that we use ourselves and we know they work. If you don't want to pay for the best, you might be best to shop elsewhere. We believe that the most cost effective herbicide is the one that works. Our intention is to kill the target weeds the first time, every time. We sell you the best products so you get the best weed control, every time you gear up and go out spraying.